Thursday, March 12, 2009

What To Do When It's the Middle of the Night & You Can't Sleep!

WHY...STAMP OF COURSE!
I'd been awake since 3am for no apparent reason. True, it had been a rough day but nothing in particular was on my mind. Finally at 4:30am I got out of bed with a huff while spewing unkind words about menopause! If I had to be awake, I may as well be productive in the process. I headed upstairs to my craft room where I worked for over 2 hours before I I heard the pitter-patter of little feet. This of course was my signal that my party-for-one was over.
Here's what I accomplished while everyone else, including the dogs, were making zzz's...

A card for our Assistant Pastor's wife whose birthday is March 18th.

And a card for my mother-in-law who sent me a beautiful hand-embroidered cloth bag just because she loves me. It's one she found on one of her last trips - to the Bahamas I believe!
And a birthday card for my daughter's friend whose having a sleepover birthday party tomorrow night! That's one less kid I'll have at home...
And last but not least, a card for a young pastor in a neighboring town whose been discouraged because of a sickness he's not recovering from fast enough! Just a little encouragement for he and his family.
And that's what you do when counting sheep doesn't work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one.
Hugs, Vanja

Janet said...

great cards! i love them!!!
hugs

Debby said...

I'm extremely impressed and awed that you get so much accomplished in the wee hours of the morning. I too suffer fron no sleep. And yes, darn menopause. Argh and Ugh. However I sit at my computer or work out cause I'm so p-o'd that I'm not sleeping I would be afraid of what I would create. The first one is my fave although they are all fabulous as always Ms Deby!

Roxy said...

Love 'em! You always make such adorable cards. So menopause can causes sleeplessness? That explains it! Glad I'm not the only one.