Monday, March 9, 2009

Celebrating My Friend's "Retirement"


My friend is retired, albeit briefly and not by choice. She must look for another job soon but in the meantime I'm celebrating her "new found freedom" of not having to go to work. I put together a little goodie bag for her and made this card to accompany it. I got the sketch from my SBS #25 sister, Anne's, blog.
Someday I'll be retired but in the meantime, I'm singing in the rain! "Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off to work I go!" (C'mon sun!)

5 comments:

Debby said...

Yep that song is sung around here too. Cute card. Love that ribbon. And what a nice friend you are :=)

Anne said...

What a nice idea, hope your friend enjoys some "me" time and gets another job when she needs it :)

Roxy said...

Ooooh, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! Great colours and I love that bow.
Hugs, Vanja

Janet said...

such a great card!! i am sure your friend will love it:)