Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm One Proud Mom!

Whenever there are 5 Sundays in a month, our church has a "Family Sunday." Instead of going to Children's Ministry, special age-appropriate programming, school-age kids stay in the service with their families. This past Family Sunday my hubby decided to do something completely different than he's ever done before. He had our youth band lead worship for starters. They've really "gelled" as a team and did a great job! But he also asked 4 of the teens to bring the message. The title: "Many Messengers, One Message." The guy on the far right of this first picture is our youth leader, Josh. He set the stage with an overview of what the kids were going to speak on which was the "witnesses" of Jesus that testify to His Truth: His works (Josiah), the Father (Jenn), the Word (Phil), and History (Whitnie). They all tied together beautifully!


Here they all are, waiting to go!









Here's my son, Josiah. He was first after Josh.






And here's my hubby wrapping up the service.

And here's all the cards I made for my hubby to send to each of them for a job "Well done!" Obviously the 2 on the left are for the boys and the other 2 are for the girls!



Yes, I am one proud mom! I'm still beaming...


3 comments:

Debby said...

What a handsome boy! You must be very proud. I thought of you when I saw this:

https://jessicalynnoriginal.com/shopwithus/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_31&products_id=388

Janet said...

awwwwww how special:)
hugs

Unknown said...

Good for you letting the young people lead the service! Train up a child...I had a teenage group over the summer and was asked to teach them how to share their faith. But first I asked them to tell me what the Gospel is. One said Jesus loves me and gave me a girlfriend and the other said I love God because I can play the guitar. Well that was to far from the Gospel that we had to go back to basics....You never know until you ask. It took us two years to sell our home but we really weren't that dilligent about it until the Lord laid it on my hear heart to call our present agent--she got the job done. Now we need to know where we are moving to (ah the Abrahamic Journey). God Bless....