Thursday, April 16, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM MARIE!




My friend, Kim, is amazing. She's a wonderful wife by choice, marvelous mother by necessity, savvy speech pathologist by profession, mindful missions director at our church by calling, and a super stamper by gifting! She's the one who started stamping first, and started a blog first, joined the Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers first, went on the first stamping cruise first...you know, a real epitome of a woman in pursuit of fulfillment!


And today is her birthday! I wish I could say that her birthday card is a real eye-catcher. I wish I could say it came out just like I planned. I think the only thing that came out just like I imagined was the hinged part. The rest was, well, shall we say, "do overs" and "add to its!" But isn't that the beauty of creativity? What doesn't work on the intended side can either be covered up or added to, or even get a second chance for stardom on the reverse! And since she's the one who first introduced me (and alas, my checkbook) to the world of stamping, she understands about such things. The best part, she doesn't mind. "It's the thought that counts" is what she'd say because she's also a faithful friend.


The sun is shining, school is out for spring break which means she's off from work, so I hope Kim has a marvelous day of pampering and fun! And I hope she gets lots of cards from those who love her (and chocolate...because everyone needs chocolate on their birthday...and presents....because a birthday without presents is like paper with no ink)!!!


Happy Birthday Kim!


5 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely card for your friend Deby :)

Kim Marie said...

IT IS A LOVELY CARD!!! And I love it....I have hung up all my cards now and so it doesn't have to sit propped up...it can open freely and everyone can see it! :) They all think it's cool, so your creation is being enjoyed by a wide audience (and my cats) :)

Thank you also for your lovely words...it makes me sound so amazing....you are too sweet! And remember...stamping is my other calling, so I'm glad everyone loved it so much :)

Blessings!
Kim Marie

Debby said...

I think it's lovely and I'm sure your friend loved it and yes! That is what being creative is all about. You did good.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card for your friend!

ps.i have something for you on my blog
Hugs, Vanja

Leslie said...

Deby, what a sweet card for your friend Kim. Thank you for your kind words on my writing. I love having sisters! You are just fantastic. No wonder why Kim loves being your friend.
Hugs, Leslie