Thursday, April 30, 2009

Best of Cluck Terry!

Terry is a lady I've known for some time. When I worked at the furniture store, she was one of my faithful customers who bought beautiful things for her home. But she's also been one of the tellers at my bank for 11 years so I've known her in that capacity as well.
Today is her last day on the job; she's retiring from it all. Tomorrow she's a new woman - ready to take it easy, sleep in if she wants to (probably not!), travel, whatever strikes her fancy. In honor of her big day I made her this card wishing her the "Best of Cluck," which is the name of the stamp set I used, retired from SU. It's one of my all time favorites!
Some day I hope to know the joy of retirement. Til then I'll applaud others who have reached that most prestigious point in their lives and acknowledge it with a homemade card.
Happy Retirement Terry!

6 comments:

Roxy said...

Adorable! I just love the straw and fencing.

Janet said...

awwwwwwww how cute! the fence is awsome!!
hugs

BritChickNY said...

Oooh, ducky! Or should I say clucky!!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card, Deby! I'm sure Terry will love it! And happy retirement to her!
Hugs, Vanja

Debby said...

You clever girl. Cute cute cute. I'm sure Terry loved it!

Anne said...

Love the card and the sentiment is brilliant!