Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Craft Supershow, Here I Come!!!


It's time once again to hit the friendly skies, this time to sunny Orlando, Florida!!! As you probably are aware, the CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) trade show is there this summer (they do these shows twice a year - I went in January to California to their winter one). For the first time ever, after the trade show for retailers, manufacturers, members of CHA, etc., they're having a Craft Supershow which will be open to the public. Expected attendance - 6,000!!!
My friend, Betty, owns a craft store called Ye Olde Outhouse. She was asked by the CHA echelon to host some workshops using different techniques and applications, not necessarily just cards, to which she agreed. The team (of which I am part) has been working for months preparing for this event. I will be one of the instructors at the 5 workshops on Friday and Saturday. Betty and Kim (the other instructor) are already in Orlando at the CHA. They drove down with a van jam-packed to the brim with necessities, plus the portable "outhouse" on top! (I'll have to send pics later.) Colleen and I (she'll be working at the booth selling stuff) fly out tomorrow morning. Then Bev, Betty's sister-in-law, is flying in from Colorado to work the booth as well.


This is to let you know that you won't be seeing me online for about a week. Please agree with us that "all will be well" and that the supershow will be a total success for everyone, especially Betty. She's really gone out on a limb for this!

Check out our classes too! Look under Education tab of the CHA Craft Supershow website, then under Ye Olde Outhouse projects!

Wish you all could go too! I'll report in when I return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Deby! This sounds super exciting! Have a wonderful time and I hope all goes well for all of you!
Hugs, Vanja

Anne said...

Have a fabulous time you lucky lady, enjoy yourself (silly thing to say, I know you will!)

Safe journey
Hugs
Anne

Roxy said...

I miss you girls. We had a great time at the talent show Wednesday night. See you when you get back.