Monday, July 6, 2009

I Know What You Must Be Thinking!

Where is she?
Why hasn't she posted anything in more than 2 weeks?
Did she run away from home?

"On the run" (not from the law OR my family, but on the run just the same).
"Busy. Busy. Busy." ... and ...
"No" are the answers to those questions (though running away from home sounded like a good idea on more than one occasion!).

Truly, the operative word behind all my musings these past couple of weeks is
being just plain busy. I've really had no time at all to do much crafting.
Ever since my hubby's birthday I've had one thing after another to either attend, take care of, administer, figure out, fetch, plan for or accommodate.
Thankfully I have been able to leave comments on a few blogs, but that's about it.


Hopefully today will mark the end of the lull in the "Sofa Lady news" department.

Lest you think it's been all work and no play, let me show you a couple of pics of my adventures on the 4th of July. Several of us gathered for a ride from upstate New York to the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania - 110 miles one way! It was fabulous!!! The only thing that would've made it even better was if my hubby could've gone too. Unfortunately he had to man the home front and finish the bathroom remodel. (Bummer, I know. I so missed him!) Here's just a couple pics of that day:


This is our group standing in front of the overlook.
We look like a motley bunch, don't we?


And this one is what we could see from the "lookout" point.
Simply beautiful!




I had to get this shot too because it shows how even the guys were taken up with the awesomeness of the view!



And yes, I did manage to get this card done in the midst of my crazy life.
It's for our former pastor's birthday whose big day is July 3rd.
I usually do stars & stripes or red, white & blue, but this year I thought I'd do something totally unrelated to the Independence Day holiday.
I can't imagine what he must've thought as he opened it from his mailbox, but that's okay.
It's the thought that counts, right?

I trust everyone is off to a great new week!!!

3 comments:

Anne said...

What an astonishing view Deby! Sorry your husband didn't make it along on the trip...

Love the card, sometimes life just gets in the way of crafting though, doesn't it?

Hugs
Anne

Leslie said...

Deby, I love the pics, and I am soooo jealous!! What great fun to ride with your friends, great weather and an awesome view. You are totally rocking your life. Excellent!! Your card is great, and I have used one of the images you sent me on an ATC, check it out when you can. Also, thank you so much for sending me my birthday card. I love the colors and all the layers. Great card, and so awesome of you to think of me. Hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why you haven't been posting at all. Wow, that is a beautiful view, great photos, Deby! I'm glad you had a great time! The card is gorgeous! I just love that awesome image.
Have a lovely evening
Vanja