Friday, July 24, 2009

2 Special Ladies' Thank Yous

Several weeks ago my youngest son sat at the kitchen table twirling his fingers through my crocheted table cloth while he ate his breakfast! I was devastated when I saw the result of his twirling - a hole the size of a baseball! This tablecloth is special to me because it's a special gift from my husband from one of his overseas trips, India if I remember right.

My friend, Carolyn, who knows everyone, said she had a friend who could fix it. Anna, when looking at the tablecloth, decided this was a job fit for her friend, Rosemary, as it was too detailed and beyond her expertise. Rosemary took the tablecloth, and having just had surgery on her arm, sat for a month repairing each and every stitch! You can't even tell where the hole was now! She did an amazing job! And after it was finished, she then gave it back to Anna who starched & ironed it, preparing it for its return to me!

Neither lady would take any money for their labor saying it was "an act of love" for me, someone they never had even met! So I figured I'd send them a 6-pack of note cards that they could use when sending gifts, a note of thanks, encouragement, whatever!!! While the packets were pretty much the same, there were slight variations with each of the cards.

This is Rosemary's thank you card.









And this is Anna's.











And these are the note packets I sent to each of them for an exceptional job well done!




Thank you ladies! I am so grateful and appreciative for what you have done!
(In case you're wondering what "consequences" my son received for such an act, I withheld his new paintball hopper, bought and sitting in the packaging and very much in my room and out of his hands, until such time as the tablecloth was back in my possession! A lesson well-learned on his part!)

6 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

gorgeous cards for gorgeous friends

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Deby for the two awesome ladies. So great that they fixed your tablecloth (and didn't want money). :)
Hugs, Vanja

Roxy said...

These cards are beautiful! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! Love all the colors you used on them all!

Anonymous said...

I used my square punch from "Creative Memories" They are 1 1/8" and the 1 smaller punch that says "Happy Birthday" is 7/8 of an inch (it is tiny)-- this punch was given to me as a gift and I am not sure where she purchased it but it is from Creative Memories...

Leslie said...

Such great cards, but what truely kind acts of those women. I love it when I get to witness living testaments. Hugs to you and so glad your table cloth is as good as new. Hugs, Leslie