Friday, July 10, 2009

Stampin' For the Weekend Challenge #6


The theme for this week's challenge is "Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate," so of course my mind immediately started singing this song, which really has NOTHING to do with chocolate OR strawberries! Here goes...

"When I think about rain, I think about singing,
When I think about singing, it's a heavenly tune.
When I think about heaven, I think about angels,
When I think about angels, I think about YOU!"

I know you're wondering why I would start singing THAT song when I should've been at least thinking about chocolate and strawberries. Well this is how I got there.

"Strawberries," ... mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm!
"Chocolate," ... MMM MMM MMM MMM MMM!
And the 2 together ... "pure heaven," which made me think about the song! Weird, I know!

But the fact that I love this delectable treat also made me think of phileo love, the kind between a husband and wife. And then I thought of Josh & Kelly, our youth leaders, who have an anniversary coming up in a few days. And then I thought, I need to make them a "strawberries dipped in chocolate" kind of card, or something that would fit the theme. So then my song became... (drum roll please)

"When I think about chocolate, I think about berries,
When I think about them together, it's a heavenly tune.
When I think about heaven, I think about love,
When I think about love, Josh and Kelly that's YOU!"

Can you see how I got there from here? You can't? Okay, I'll have to orbit a while longer in my own little world. But at least I'm still singing!

10 comments:

crafty amy said...

Wow that is an interesting way round to make a card :) I like it, and I like the card lol. Fits perfectly for the challenge and the layout is great.

Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Vicki said...

Cor, I love the way your mind works and what a brilliant song you came up with, fabulous. As for your card, that is a beautie such pretty papers and a lovely layout too. Thank you for joining us with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to join in with many more of our challenges xx vicki xx

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome person, Deby! Your post made me smile and I always love to read your blog! What a fabulous song and what a beautiful card you've made! I love the hearts and the gorgeous paper you have used. Beautiful card for an anniversary, sistah!
Thank you so much for joining us at SFTW and good luck!
We hope you'll join us again next week!
Hugs, Vanja

Donna said...

A lovely card Deby, love the parcels with the hearts above,and the papers are lovely and a great layout for it all.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a wonderful day.
Donna xx

Kimmi said...

Hi Deby
What a sweet lady you are! I loved your tune and your take on it too! Your card is fabulous, I love those hearts and the present idea. Beautiful papers, I'm sure Josh and Kelly will love and treasure it!

Thank you for playing along with us this week over at "Stampin' for the Weekend' We hope you had fun making your card and that you come and play again next week! Good Luck.

Kimmi

Roxy said...

You're such a nut! I think that's why we're such good friends. The card is wonderful and Josh and Kelly will just love it.

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card! And a lovely theme for an anniversary, hope your friends have chocolate and strawberry heaven for many years to come :)

Nancy said...

Great way to get inspiration:O) Music is good for your creativity! You have made a gorgoeus card. I love the image, the hearts are pretty. Thank you for joining SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Deby, I love the layout and your hearts and papers are so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at "Stampin for the weekend" and we hope you continue to play along with us.
Nicola xx

Leslie said...

Thank you friend for my smile first thing in the morning. Love your post. I love your card too, but your song is just so sweet. Hugs to you dear friend, Leslie