Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Home From Florida, Heading for New Jersey!

Hello Everyone!!! I'm back from Florida and the CHA Craft Supershow, but this Saturday my family and I leave for New Jersey so this will be the only post until after we get back on the 15th! I know you'll miss me!

The Craft Supershow was amazing! Florida was way too hot and humid for my taste, so I've decided that's one place I'd never like to live - ever! Wow!

I dont' know what the final count was for attendance, but for what I saw and experienced, I'd say it exceeded their expected numbers. Since this was the first time they did an event like this, I'm sure they're already making their list of things to improve for the next time!

Here's a few pics from our trip.


This is a group shot of the team that went with the Ye Olde Outhouse.








Here we are setting up the booth. Isn't the outhouse the cutest thing you ever saw? The Assistant Pastor at our church made it for Betty. She and Kim drove with the thing on top of Betty's van all the way from New York to Florida! Lest you think they were totally out of their minds, it was in pieces and wrapped in a tarp to keep it safe from the rain (and they got ALOT).



This is Betty, owner of the Ye Olde Outhouse and the one with a huge vision for her company.








And this is Kim, Betty's traveling companion and all-around right arm through the whole process! She was the Master Teacher in all of the workshops and she did a fabulous job! Our students loved her!!! I found that she's quite a funny lady too. She kept us all in stitches with her funny stories and antics.



This is Bev, Betty's sister-in-law. She was an amazing asset to the team! She worked like the Energizer Bunny each and every day. What was so amazing about her was her bright heart and cheery attitude no matter the heat, humidity, hard work, or anything. She was a real joy to spend time with! She came all the way from Colorado to help Betty do this show.



And this is Colleen, the one who flew with me from New York and back! She, too, was a hard worker and a fun member of the team. She was Betty's top sales girl and sincerely did an awesome job doing what she was there to do! If ever you need someone to draw attention to something, Colleen's your girl! She had them coming in by the droves!

Doing this show was quite the experience!!! Alot was learned which will only prepare Betty for the next time she decides to do a show of this magnitude. Overall, everyone did an outstanding job and I, for one, was blessed to be a part of the team.

Now I'm preparing for our week away at a New Jersey Family Camp where my husband is the guest speaker. He'll preach 7 times in a matter of 5 days so it won't be a vacation for him but it will certainly be alot of fun for the family as a whole.

See you when I get back! Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Debby said...

Wow! I am so far behind with correspondence that I didn't even know you were going to CHA! Right on! Was it great! Hope you had a fab time. I heard it was extremely hot and humid down there. ick.

Vanja said...

Hi Deby! I'm glad you had a great time in Florida! Enjoy the trip with your family! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Anne said...

Glad you had a good time Deby, enjoy camp

Hugs
Anne