Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm Back!

Hi Everybody! I'm home once again! And it's good to be so. I still haven't caught my breath, but I have to tell you -- it was one glorious week! My hubby did an awesome job ministering (as did the other guest minister - they tag-teamed services). Our kids had a fabulous time too and have one common chant at this point - "We want to go back next year!" I think we'll have to make another line item in our budget so we can make it happen! Great fun for all!!!

The Delaware River looked like chocolate milk due to the rains "up river" which washed mud "down river" (as well as the powers that be having to release tons of water from the reservoirs due to them overflowing which caused even more mud to slide into the river)...so we didn't get to do the jet skiing, tubing or canoeing. But that's okay because we swam, played basketball, visited with new friends, took naps (yes! DH and I took naps nearly every day - can you believe it???). We ate 3 good meals a day like clockwork (8:30, 12:30 & 5:30) which were even more wonderful since I didn't have to cook them OR clean up the dishes afterwards. Hey, I could get used to this!!!

I took a craft box with me but only managed to make one card while away (too busy napping) so once I get that stuff all put away and get my craft room in order yet again, I'll be back with some creations, ok?

Hope you all missed me! Oh, and by the way, we were on the Pennsylvania side of the river, not New Jersey!

3 comments:

Kim Marie said...

Of course we missed you!! :) Glad it was fun and relaxing! You looked more relaxed yesterday :)

And good luck on that organizational thing...I finally got to it in my craft room yesterday...on to our next adventure, yes?
Blessings!
Kim

Anne said...

Hi Deby

Sounds like you had a wonderful time; I'm so glad. Welcome home

Hugs
Anne
x

BritChickNY said...

Wow, you have been busy! It's nice to go away but always lovely to be back home. (I just got back from the UK where I learned some intersting carding techniques. The cards are all so different over there)
See you soon!