Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weird Sense of Humor?


I can't stop laughing. I think I must have too much time on my hands this morning. On my way upstairs I happened to glance at my calendar and realized that George's birthday was coming up in a week. So I thought I'd make him a birthday card too as long as I was going to be spending some time in "my room."

Problem is...George is a dog, my sister's dog to be exact. He's a little round ball of fur that looks more like a mop with legs. He's spoiled, true, but oh, so cute! When I visit my sister in Florida George always finds it necessary to sleep on the bed with me. Actually I don't mind. That's probably as weird as me wanting to make him one of my creations!

I had a thought! Instead of sending him a card from "Uncle Eric and Aunt Deby and all of the cousins in New York," I'd make him a card and send it from OUR DOG, Amos! Yeah, that'll work! Maybe then it wouldn't seem so odd. Doubtful, I know. But how am I going to get Amos to hold still long enough to get his paw prints on the card without totally destroying it? Afterall, he is a St. Bernard! And if I'm sending a card, I must also send a gift because, you know, cards are nice but presents are even better!!! I suppose that later today I'll have to venture down to the new Bow Wow Bakery that just opened up in town. I'm sure I'll be able to find some delectable treat for the birthday pooch! (Is it just me, or is this getting weirder by the minute!).

Well, I may be the ONLY one whose laughing right now. I can only imagine the look on my sister's face when she helps George with his mail. What? Something not addressed to her? I'm sure she'll get a chuckle (my goal) but in all honesty, George will no doubt find the present the better thing in the box!!! I'll let you know what feedback I get from this little endeavor.

And no, Amos doesn't usually send George cards. He did however, some years ago, send a Christmas card to Barney, my aunt's dog in Oregon (yes, complete with present!)! It's been awhile though so I'm thinking it may be time to acknowledge him again. Could this be the beginning of some new craze in my life? Any pets out there in need of a little lovin' ?


What I really was venturing upstairs for this morning before I was so easily distracted was to make another Pastor Appreciation Thank You card for some dear friends who never miss an opportunity to bless us! Since I loved the color scheme of the SBS #25 Color Challenge I decided to use those colors again. In fact, the woman's mom did her newly-renovated family room in these colors and it's stunning!!! Can't say that I would necessarily have put them together myself but they sure are gorgeous, aren't they?

The image is one that's soon to be released from Stampingbella. It was one of the freebies my friend got on her stamping cruise and then passed on to me! Isn't it the cutest????

Well, I've played long enough and find I must now get to work on some much-needed housework! Shucks! Oh well. At least I've got joy in my heart! The Bible says that "a merry heart does good like medicine" (Prov. 17:22) so girls, have your own personal party today! Laugh at the unlaughable! Make a joke! Tickle someone. But be sure to enjoy the moments brought your way. And remember, God loves you more than anybody else!!! And if you happen to think of George on November 8th, remember he'll be turning 9 years old!


Have a marvelously blessed day!

9 comments:

Roxy said...

Way too cool! Love the colors. Oh, and the square card on my blog that you recently commented on.....I didn't make it. My SBS Carol did.

Oh, I have some news to share with you tomorrow as well.

Sharon said...

Love both the cards. I think Amos sending one to George is way too cute!

Anne said...

At least he sleeps ON the bed, our dratted terrier sleeps IN the bed! Sigh, never again :)!
Fun card too BTW

Judy said...

Rosie (our spoiled pooch) wishes George a Happy Birthday. The card is neat.

Debby said...

We celebrate our doggies bdays too. They are part of the family after all. The card is cuuuuute. Love your froggie too!

Janet said...

Love both cards:) I make my dog cards for her birthday too;)

Viv said...

Happy Birthday to all the dogs cats fishes, birds and evrything else you didn't manage to make a card for!!
The cards are brill...hope george appreciates his!

Kristen said...

Great cards. I love the dog house.

Leslie said...

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I was cracking up the entire time I was reading your post. I did that once for my Mom's dog, she got the biggest laugh out of it. I don't take such a personal stance with my puppies, but I know my Mom does. Her and her puppy Lucky loved the card and present. Well, my mom loved the card, I agree, the puppy loved the present better! LOL!
Have a great weekend, Leslie