Monday, November 17, 2008

Fun With My Girls!

Yesterday was a whirlwind, a good day, but so long. After our church responsibilities I took my 2 youngest daughters to my college daughter's apartment so her friend could do their hair. What a time we had! Complete with cheesecake, sparkling juice and chocolate in hand, we set out on some quality girl time! "AK" is my daughter's friend from Nigeria. She's a beautiful young woman with a heart of gold. And apparently she's the resident "corn rower" of all of her friends! She was so good to sit with Deb for 4-1/2 hours from start to finish just to give her a gorgeous "new do!" Here they are as they are beginning the detangling process! But because t took so long to do Deb's hair, Hannah will have to wait until next time to have her's done!


And here's Deb all combed out and ready for her braids! She's so happy!
The bottom (or back) is done and now AK is ready to start on the top.

Here's the 2 smiling girls all done with the event! Deb looks great! AK did a fabulous job! And she even gave me some helpful hints on how to maintain a more healthy-looking head of hair on my girls with very curly, ethnic hair.


Here's me with my girls enjoying some fun time before making the hour and 1/2 drive home!


And here's what we woke up to this morning!!! Over 7 inches of fluffy white snow! My kids are delighted! I'm finding I have more on my To Do List now - like get out the shovels, and the boot trays, and clear the sidewalk, and ... and...



Time to kiss my kiddos goodnight!

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Wow! I didn't realise how long Debrah's hair was! It looks great!

Janet said...

I want braids!! Cute pictures:) We had a tiny bit of snow here...strange!!
hugs

Anne said...

That looked a lot of fun :).

And snow too, did it stay or has it all melted now?

Take care
Anne