Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tis the Season to Be Jolly...Fa La La La La...!

The day after Thanksgiving officially launched the start of the Christmas season with people and their shopping carts bombarding the stores which opened before daylight. Thankfully I wasn't one of those people leaving the warmth of my DH and our cozy bed, though I have been known to join the ranks of craziness a couple of times in years past. This year I'm ahead of the game as I began my shopping this summer while on vacation in Tennessee. And since my DH and I did some more shopping a few weeks back, and me much more this weekend, we're that much closer to being done totally which I anticipate being in the next couple of weeks. But then there's all that wrapping to do which, honestly, I love just as much!

In fact, I love everything this time of year dictates. Friends and loved ones to see. Decorating the house. Trimming the tree, after we've tromped through the woods to find yet another "perfect one!" Christmas caroles to sing. Cards, cookies & treats to make. Parties to attend and host. I love it all. And I'm sure you do too because, afterall, it's Christmas!

My prayer for you this season is that the Spirit of Christmas would capture your heart in a new and magical way, giving you a childlike sparkle in your eyes as you anticipate the wonder of each unfolding day. In the midst of the busy-ness may you remember why we do what we do this time of year. It's because of the little baby Jesus whose birth announced peace and hope for the entire world. Truly He is the Reason for the season. May we all join with the chorus of angels in heaven as they sing, "Hosanna in the highest!"

God Bless You!
Merry Christmas!
Happy shopping...and wrapping...and eating...and celebrating!
Tis the season to be jolly...Fa La La La La, La La La La!

And shortly I'll be able to show you some of the Christmas cards I've been busily making! I got my first Tildas and they're wonderful! I NEED Copic markers to do them the justice they deserve, but until then I'll use what I have. But, I did put them on my Christmas List for my hubby's eyes to see!!!

3 comments:

Debby said...

What a wonderful blog post! And I received your birthday card! Thank you so so muchd. This ws a very depressed birthday for me and I appreciated it soooo soooo much! As soon as I figure out the new cam I will post a pic on my blog. Cheers lady!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I love this time of the year.

Hugs Vanja

Roxy said...

How did I miss this post? Of course I didn't know if I was coming or going this past week.......Party went well. 17 kids and LOTS of noise! Just a couple of more days......