Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Did a Marathon!

I did a marathon yesterday! No, not in the foot race sort of sense, in the stamping sense! Three of my four younger kids were at a youth conference and my one son who didn't go with them was content to play on the Wii all day long! Normally I have very strict limits on how long the kids can play, but yesterday was an exception so he was in hog heaven! So was I. I don't think he got dressed until 5pm or so. But I wasn't the picture of loveliness myself as I didn't get out of my sweats until 3:30, and only then did I spruce myself up a tad because the other kids were going to be home between 4 and 5pm and I was going to have to greet them AND the youth leaders at the door! Such alarming truth!

But because my hubby was out of town and I had no one to wait on hand and foot, I took the opportunity to make the cards I promised to two of my 3 Day WALK donors ... the one who was the highest donor, and the other whose name was pulled from the hat! I made both of them 10 cards each, so that was 20 cards right there, plus a couple other cards and voila! I had the best "neck hurting, back aching, fanny flattening and hand numbing day" a girl could ever want!!! Basically I made them identical sets of cards, with a few variations here and there to fit their personalities. I couldn't quite get a good angle on the pictures but I think you can get the gist of my accomplishments!






I did regular 1/2 fold cards mostly, but I also did some tri-fold cards, buckle cards and criss-cross cards too!



Here they are all packaged and ready to be mailed. This last card on the right is a revamp of my SBS #25 Challenge #5 entry. Anne was so right. Good color on the left, too much of a contrast (stark white!) on the right! So I fiddled with it a bit - decided on some polka dots around the edge of the white, stippled on the white to knock down the "glare," then tried to fade some color from the one side of the slip towards the other. It helps but I still am not happy with it completely. Oh well...

Time to flop on the sofa now and wait for my honey to come home.

Happy Sunday! Have a fabulous day tomorrow everybody!!!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I love those kinda marathons. Nice cards. TFS

Sharon said...

How lucky are you? I love those type of days. The cards look great too.

Roxy said...

Wasn't it fun not to have to get dressed and to be able to play all day!

Janet said...

wow amazing!! :) great job!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards. Great job.
Hugs Vanja

Debby said...

Hey Deby. I actually hellp manage Vicki's blog. She doesn't manage mine. I am her office assistant when I'm not cleaning toilets and I do all the computer savvy stuff for her because she isn't really computer savvy. I just created her blog for her yesterday so she could post some things for her team. And the bees came from the same place as your background. Vicki called me all excited that someone posted on her blog. Very cute.

Debby said...

Btw. Your cards are great!

Anne said...

Wow what a great day you had, it's such fun to be able to play all day, and the occasional day like that never does any harm for your children either, with the Wii :)

The card looks even better with the glitter, but I still liked it before too, just nit-picking :)

Hugs
Anne