Friday, October 31, 2008

SBS #25 Challenge Entry


Okay everyone. I finally did a challenge card - my very first in fact! I'm not sure what to do with it from here, but I will post it to my SBS #25 page as well and then see if I can't figure it out from there.
The challenge was: Make a birthday card using only 2 embellishments (hard for me to only use 2). If we used the same colors as the originator, Janet, then we got our name "in the hat" an extra time!.
The colors she used were Old Olive (one of my favorites), Elegant Eggplant (another fav...), Really Rust and Black which, in my opinion makes other colors pop!
I originally had black ribbons with white polka dots (3 to be exact) going down the side of the card. When I went back and re-read the instructions, I had to revert to Plan B which was take the ribbons off and add a black strip down the side because the extra 3 ribbons made 5 embellies and not just 2. You can see that I Cuttlebugged that strip as well as the Old Olive underneath the top layers.
The stamp set of course is Unfrogettable, with the party hat being from Sock Monkey.
Tell me, how'd I do???

8 comments:

Janet said...

wow amazing card:) you did everything correct! I have entered you twice:)
hugs

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. Such a cute image.
Hugs Vanja

Roxy said...

Adorable!

Unknown said...

You did fantastic--the Creator gave you some of his creativity!!! I love the colors too. I missed another challenge I see...I'll catch up. Our granddaughter is has surgery for scolosis today and its going to be a long recovery. Your card is a nice idea to cheer her up--the frog is adorable.

kareN stampZ said...

great card - gotta love the frog

Anne said...

Oh, cute card! Love that frog...

Sharon said...

You did fabulously well! I'm hoping to get my entry done this afternoon.

Judy said...

Deby that's such a great card and you used the colors brilliantly. Good luck for your first challenge.