Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SCOR- !!!


That's as in Pal, Scor-Pal!!! Because I was kind enough to loan my ATG gun to my 2 friends who were going on the stamping cruise to Jamaica, Mexico and other wonderful places (yes, the very same one that Gina K. was on, and Emily from StampingBella, among lots of others!), my friend, Maureen, brought me back a Scor-Pal!!! How did she know I was wanting one??? Could it be that my other friend, Kim, told her? But then, I'd only told her once or twice some time ago, so how was it that she remembered? I guess it doesn't matter, really. The fact is, I offered my ATG gun because my one friend didn't have one, and that niceness was returned to me in a BIG WAY! I was elated, to say the least, and I am so appreciative of her generosity...which gives me yet another reason to spend some time upstairs in the ol' craft room! (By the way, if you don't own an ATG gun, you should get one! They're totally awesome to use! At first I thought it might be a bit top heavy and awkward to use, but it really isn't. And when I compared the price of getting adhesive tapes for it to, say, the SU Snails, well, there was just NO comparison. ATGs are the best all the way around!).

About the time I composed myself after receiving such a nice gift, Maureen whipped out all of her stamping creations from the cruise! What beautiful, awesome cards and other projects! I was in awe...of not only her beautiful creations but her growing enthusiasm at stamping as well! She's always liked going to workshops, but not necesssarily for the stamping part. Rather, she has just enjoyed being with the girls - chit-chatting and enjoying the moments. Well, I can't say that anymore! She's totally into it and can hardly wait til the next workshop...for the stamping! I am so proud of her!

And the freebies she got were way over the top! Unbelievable stamp sets, inks, colored pencils, embellishments, punches, paper, mineral spirits along with the pencils to use them...and so much MORE! I was having a hard time taking it all in, probably because I couldn't imagine anyone giving away that much stuff!



Then it happened!!! She started giving me some of her freebies! Why was she doing this? But then I realized it's her special gift - the heart of a giver. She gives to everyone - and not just things. She gives her time too. And her comment to me as she was "sharing the wealth," so to speak, was "Well, if I need to use these things one day, I'll know where to find them!" Can you believe it? Again I was in awe. It totally felt like Christmas! I could hardly stay focused til quitting time at work so I could get home to "play." Here's a picture of the blessing I received.




And since my dear friend doesn't usually read my blog (I MUST talk to her!), I'm posting my Thank You card to her that I did as soon as I got home! Of course I used my new Scor-Pal! The inside reads..."Stamp alot!"








And here's some more Pastor Appreciation Thank You cards I've done since last time. I tell you, my hubby and I have been so blessed this month!









Til next time... "Now hold that pose! Everyone Tap...Tap...Tap!"

4 comments:

Debby said...

Wow I wish I had friends like yours! That totally Rocks!

Debby said...

Hey. Question on your ATG gun. I have one too and have trouble at lift off. Set the tape down, roll it and lift off always rips my paper. I must not be doing something right.

Anne said...

What a lovely friend to have - and I mean both of you :).

Susie said...

Going on a stamping cruise????? What a dream...you are so very luck to have friends like that. Now that you have a score-pal...I will send you a comment on SBS on must have links that you will love.....