Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two Reasons to Celebrate!

This is a card I did for our friend, Phil, who recently graduated with his Master of Divinity degree...quite a feat considering he's a father of 4 daughters and pastors a fairly large church! I downloaded his picture from our fellowship's website; and since it was black & white, I did the whole card the same, except for the cap! He got a big kick out of it! Of course when we ran into he and his wife at a favorite eatery, we treated them both to ice cream in honor of his accomplishments!

This next picture is one I wanted to share of my hubby and daughter. It was taken the day before she left for New York City and the school she would attend for 5 weeks taking 2 summer courses. We celebrated her upcoming adventure by taking her out for some good, old-fashioned Italian food at one of her favorite places to eat - The Olive Garden! I just love reasons to celebrate! Don't you?

5 comments:

Roxy said...

Too cool! Call me.

Anne said...

Lovely card, I'm not surprised your friend was pleased.

Hope your daughter enjoys her adventure in NY, we all love Olive Gardens too :)

Debby said...

Great Card! Makes me smile. Your daughter is gorgeous! Hope she has a fabulous time in NY.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card for your friend, Deby! I love the cap.
I hope your daughter enjoys her time in NY.

Have a great day
Vanja

Leslie said...

Deby, thank you so much for your beautiful comment. It really meant a lot to me. Hugs, Leslie
ps, check back in, I hosted a memorial party for Justin today, it was lovely. God bless you friend.