Monday, May 18, 2009

A Flower Card w/ A Double Purpose

I did a workshop on Saturday for a group of teachers, and the last project we did was to make these cute flowers on large paperclips. I wore mine on my shirt pocket til the group was finished with the other 2 card projects. They were so excited to learn they were going to be making these too! I cut them out with my Cricut ahead of time and had them all packaged in sets. All the girls needed to do was adhere dimensionals between the layers.

Since I needed to make a Thank You card for a friend
once home, I decided to make her a flower too and put it on her card. Being a teacher as well I thought she could use her's as a bookmark!

The sizes of each layer starting at the top:
3/4" flower, 1" circle, 1-1/2" flower, 2-1/2" flower, 3" flower.

Hope your flowers are blooming ladies!


5 comments:

Debby said...

What a fabulous Idea! My bookmark is always falling out of my book. This is too cute! And no I wasn't still up. I schedule them the day before. :-)

BritChickNY said...

Oh, I love this. I think I might share this idea with the ladies. What a great way to use up all the little scaps that I save too.
Thank-you for sharing.

Leslie said...

Deby, I love your card and your bookmark idea. Very cool. I am so happy my DH has gone back to work, so I am looking to be putting in an order from you around the 2nd week in June. Hugs friend, Leslie

Anne said...

Deby these are so pretty, they'd be a lovey idea for a fundraiser as bookmarks, wouldn't they

Anonymous said...

This is a great project! The card is gorgeous and what a lovely bookmark, too.
Have a lovely evening
Vanja