Thursday, May 7, 2009

Praying For You Peggy!

A dear lady from church has been having some health problems which required surgery and now a nursing home stay for rest and recuperation. She's been through the ringer and every now and then I like to send her a cheery card. This is yesterday's installment.

I cut out both the oval hole on the front and the scallped edge around it with my Nesties and of course Cuttlebugged the front of the card. On the inside I popped up an image from SUs Merci which shows through the front oval. I embossed the image with SUs Iridescent Ice, saturated it with water, then touched the water pools with my AquaPainter which had been dipped in reinkers. After it dried (about 30 minutes), I then cut out the image. This probably wasn't the best image to use for this (a large flower would've been better!) but it came out okay anyway.

The flower is an off-white one that I colored with markers. The sentiment is from SUs Thoughts and Prayers which I love!

Get better soon Peggy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, Deby! I really love that ribbon.
Hugs,Vanja

Anne said...

Lovely card, I will keep Peggy in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Great cards! Lovely job on them all~!