Saturday, May 9, 2009

Another Teenager in the House!


Well, I survived my daughter's sleepover birthday party. Only 8 of her 10 invited friends could come, but evenso, I was prepared for a sleepless night of giggles and girls running up and down the stairs, to and from the kitchen, in search of morsels of food with which to satisfy their middle of the night cravings. Heaven only knows that a full sheet pizza would never be enough!!! And even though the giggles and runnings did happen, the girls were overall pretty quiet in spite of the corporate desire for fun! But I do need to make a run to the grocery store now.

They finally settled down around 1:00am which meant I could finally get some sleep myself. As morning came and they emerged from their minimal-sleep-and-snack-induced comas, they enjoyed a pancake breakfast prepared by the King in my kitchen, my husband! After more chatting, giggling and an explosion of new energy, they enjoyed a balloon stomp in the front yard followed by some "Slip-n-Slide" fun made from a tarp, alot of dish soap and the hose. (Note to self: put dish soap on your shopping list.)

After showers to wash off the dish soap, they prepared for my friend, Amy, to come so they could have their makeovers - the highlight of the party! We did "before" and "after" pictures too which the girls loved seeing.

By the time everyone left, I was exhausted. Even though my hubby cooked breakfast, he wasn't in the "nuts & bolts" of the party so he was pretty much free to do as he pleased. My #1 son actually left home for the ordeal so he didn't have to deal with hormonal girls. My #2 son thrived on the attention he received from mimicking and mocking them endlessly, though it wasn't the kind of attention I enjoyed hearing repeatedly! It was I who oversaw everything: the meals, the games, the makeovers, the cake & ice cream, and all the transitions in between. And I was tired.

Thank goodness Mother's Day was Sunday! It was my turn to be doted on and you'd better believe I took full advantage of the situation! I had a fabulous day at church (my husband's an awesome preacher!), then he barbecued salmon on the grill. Mmmm-mmmm good! Strawberry shortcake for dessert (and no dishes because someone else did them!) and voila! The perfect day!
I hope all you mothers had a great day too!
(Oh yeah...here's my daughter's birthday card I made!)

8 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwwwww sounds like she had a great bday!
hugs

Anonymous said...

Deby,
I get my card kit from Annie's Attic they send me a kit once a month with paper, embellishments, cards, envelopes, ribbon brads for $14.97 a month plus shipping it is really worth it as I spend this much at the craft store here...

Anne said...

Deby you're a hero :). Kids parties are exhausting but such fun.

Hope you've restocked the larder, cleared up the mess from them and can getting on with some crafting now :)

Hugs
Anne

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, you can find some more Modern Sofa here.

Debby said...

Aren't daughters the greatest. Sounds like a fabulous time and sounds like you had a fabulous MD and your card is so cute. Wow. We had a slumber party this year too. Less girls, we had 5. they made silly videos of themselves on my phone and crashed on the family room floor. Lots of fun!

Debby said...

Hey, I noticed Steph mentioned her card kit. I get mine from here http://www.cupcardstogo.typepad.com/


I really really like them.

Roxy said...

What a gorgeous card for Hannah! I remember those sleepover days. Exhausting fun. See you Thursday?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she had a great time! The cake looks yummy (I'm going to take some sweets now) and your card is very pretty, too, I'm sure she loved it! :)
Hugs, Vanja