Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ode to Rox

I've been so remiss in my duties!
I had meant to post this on May 2nd because that's when Rox's birthday was.
But I forgot.
Rox is my friend who did the 60-mile WALK in Washington DC with me last year.
She's also the one who just had surgery on her foot, which isn't in and of itself a bad thing considering she'll be pain-free once she's all healed. (No, the WALK didn't do this to her!)
And having all that time off from work isn't so bad either. It gives her lots of play time she isn't usually afforded due to her full-time job.
At least my card to her was on time even though this post was not.


She was pampered and spoiled with a wonderful meal prepared by her DH, presents and flowers from family & friends, and an all-around good day in spite of having to lay around and be waited on in the name of "healing."
("Pass me my new Copics, would you please?
And that paper too. I have some coloring to do!")
I guess it could be worse, perish the thought!

3 comments:

Roxy said...

LOL!!! Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! Very bright and colourful.
Hugs, vanja

Anne said...

Heh, heh, I like the idea of a crafting slave :). Fun card for a friend that sounds a lot of fun