Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day is Coming!

Mother's Day is just a few days away. I love it because it's a day to be pampered, even just a little, and not have to cook! My hubby usually goes overboard in the "making it special" way, so I know this coming Mother's Day will be a day to be remembered just like the rest.

Since it's also my daughter, Hannah's, birthday, I've chosen to show off my Mother's Day cards now so I might highlight her special day later. Actually she's having a sleepover party with 10 girls on Friday night, and a Mary Kay skin-care class on Saturday by my friend who is also going to show them how to correctly put on make-up so it doesn't look like they've put it on with a shovel! Since May 10th will officially mark Hannah's crossing into teenagerhood, I thought this class to be quite appropriate since I'm going to start letting her wear a little make-up now too, not much, but a little. But first, proper skin care to fight those blasted blemishes!!!

Anywho...these cards are for Eric's mom in Florida and my mom in California. Both were sketches I copied from SBS blogging sisters Anne & Kristen. I'm hoping neither mom reads my blog between now and the time they each receive their gifts, but if they do...Here's to you Mom(s)! We love you and pray you have a most marvelous day!!!

3 comments:

Roxy said...

These and Peggy's card are great! You've got the gift girl!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Deby!
Hugs, Vanja

Anne said...

Lovely cards Deby, enjoy your day :)