Saturday, June 6, 2009

Stampin' For the Weekend Challenge #1


I usually don't do challenges because, quite frankly, I don't have the time...though I wish I did! Since there's so many wonderful ones out there though which give alot of inspiration, I decided I NEED to make time to do at least one per month. And being as Stampin' For the Weekend Challenge just started yesterday, and being as my SBS Sister, Vanja, is on the design team, I thought I'd give this one a try. The challenge was to use purple and yellow.

What I used:
* Barely Banana and Perfect Plum cardstock (plus a hint of green for some "oomph" and Basic Black for inside the flowers)
* SUs Top Note Die
* Retired SU DSP from "who knows when"
* Yellow Ribbon from stash
* Green Raffia from a gift received (I love to recycle, don't you?)
* Stamps: "Love You" from a Hero Arts set, and the other from a Round Robin box
* Buttons: SU's Fresh Favorites
* Flowers cut using my Cricut
* Crystal Effects, Glitter Gel Pen, Stamping Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Eyelets

Check 'em out girls! I think they're off to a pretty good start! Great candy to boot!

* * * * * * * * * * *

I just had to show off my youngest daughter today as well! She got new glasses this week!
Isn't she darling???


Okay, time to enjoy the great outdoors! It's simply wonderful today!

12 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is fantastic, i love the flowers so effective and the buttons are a great finishing touch, thanks for joining us on our first challenge at SFTW good luck hugs Pops x x x


P.S.Your daughter is gorgeous and the glasses really suit her x

Nicola said...

Loving your shaped elements and those ribbons and buttons are so pretty Deby.
Thank you for joining us on our very first challenge at "Stampin for the Weekend" and we hope you join in with us on a weekly basis. Good luck!.
Nicola -x-

crafty amy said...

I am so glad you got chance to take part I love your card the layout and mix of papers is brilliant!
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

P.S. your daughter looks good in her new glasses :)

Vicki said...

Well Deby I am so glad you had time and entered our brand new challenge, it's lovely to have you take part. Your card is truly beautiful, all the different components you have used work beautifully together. Thank you so much for joining in this week and I do hope you'll be able to take part in many more of our challenges. Your daughter is a beautiful young lady and her glasses make her look very sophisticated. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and good luck xx vicki xx

Donna said...

A very pretty card Deby, I love the papers you've used and the faux stitching you've gone, very effective. The flowers, ribbons and buttons are all a nice added touch.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge. Good luck and we
hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great weekend.
Donna xx
and tell your daughter her glasses look great on her, they suit her very well.

Jen said...

Hi Debi,
I love this layout and all the elements work so well together.
Your daughter looks so sweet in her new glasses.
Thanks for joining the first SFTW challenge, I hope you can join us again next week.
Hugs
Jen x

Anonymous said...

Hi there sistah! :)
This is a fabulous card! What a beautiful layout, I really love the flowers and the cute buttons you added. Beautiful alltogether!
Your daughter is very pretty and the glasses really suit her. I wear glasses, too, but usually when I'm reading.

I know that you don't usually enter the challenges, so thank you so much for taking part in our first challenge at SFTW and good luck in the draw!
We hope you'll play along with us in the next challenge, too. :)

Have a lovely evening
Vanja

CraftyC said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card. Great elements used on this and the flowers are perfect. Thanks for taking part in the first SFTW challenge and so nice of you to come and support Vanja!
Clairex

Roxy said...

She looks so grown up with her glasses.

Anne said...

What a fabulous card you've made Deby, the layout is really good and the colours work so well.

Great pair of spec on your daughter :)

Ida / Little said...

Hi Deby, happy you made time for this launch challenge and hopefully you can join us again, because your card is beautiful, loving the flowers and text on it and the shape of the papers is a fave of mine ;p Thank you so much for joining us at SFTW :)

Hugs Ida

Kimmi said...

beautiful card. I love the summer effect its having on me! The flowers are lovely and the papers are gorgeous! I really need to get me some of those ribbons and buttons!

Thank You for joining us at SFTW, sorry for the late comment!

KIm