Friday, June 19, 2009

Interesting Facts About My Man!

Today is my hubby's birthday, so in honor of his special day I thought I'd devote today's post to him. What fun! Here's 10 things that most of you probably don't know.

1. He's the oldest of 4 children. It would've been 6 but the twins died when they were born at 7 months. They probably would've lived had they been born today.
2. He's the only left-handed member of his family which means he's the only one in his right mind. As they say, "If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, only left-handed people are in their right mind!"
3. He's deaf in his right ear due to chicken pox as a toddler. It helps with his selective listening.
4. He always thought he'd be a medical doctor. After pre-med classes he became a carpenter, then a preacher and now he's working on his doctorate in theology. A doctor alright, just a different kind!
5. He loves "ing" words too - hunting, camping, fishing, playing golf, riding his Harley. No surprise, huh?
6. He, as a kid, loved taking things apart to see how they worked which drove his mother crazy.
7. He's been around the world at least 6 times, speaking in at least a dozen countries.
8. He didn't meet my family til 3 days before our wedding when he got off the airplane with long hair, faded jeans, and a guitar slung over his shoulder. My parents were not impressed but I was!
9. He once rode his Harley down the aisle at our church as it was his sermon illustration for the day, just an example of his ever-increasing desire to break out of the "mold."
10. He won my heart at age 21 and I am blessed each day by his love for the Lord, his love for his family, and the life that we have together!


Here's the card I made him for his birthday, both inside and out!







Happy Birthday Honey!

7 comments:

Becky said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband, and how blessed you are. The card is fab. Happy birthday to him.

Anonymous said...

Yes I am better.... I made 5 cards lastnight and it felt wonderful! Thanks for you comment!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby, we have lots in common Deby: mine fishes, rides bikes, he's lefthanded (but so am I and both our sons), hunts.

Hope you have a wonderful day together

Hugs
Anne

Roxy said...

Great card! Eric will love it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Deby and great tribute to your husband.! Happy Birthday to him!
Hugs, Vanja

Debby said...

Well that is just so darn sweet! Hope he a wonderful birthday and you two had a fantastic time.

kareN stampZ said...

I can see you're both really blessed have a great day celebrating the event & hope you get lots of kisses