Monday, September 29, 2008

Hot Dogs...To Go!

Being as I'm busily preparing for my WALK in DC, and still needing to do my usual wife and mommy duties, I've not had a whole lot of time in my stamp room. BUT, out of necessity I managed to grab a few minutes to make a birthday card for my DH's father. My father-in-law is an amazing man in many ways. He's been a source of inspiration and stability through the years that I've so appreciated and have become accustomed to. And what a sense of humor! Last year he bought me a tshirt that says, "You can agree with me OR you can be wrong!" (He knows me so well!) Of course it's one of my favorites and I always wear it when he and my mom-in-law come for a visit! Anyway, one of the things that amazes me is his love for HOT DOGS. He'd eat the silly things day after day if he had his 'ruthers. So, in honor of his big day, I put together this card with SUs "Voila" (affectionately called "Cheffy") stamp set. I used the new colors, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango, plus some other favorites, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise. (Love that Pacific Point ribbon!) Then my husband and I put together this little gift box and sent it off to his dad in Florida today! It's everything he'll need for a real, just like he likes 'em, hot dog meal, complete with beans! We even stuck in some $$$ for dessert - ice cream at his favorite stand! BTW, Zweigle's Texas Hots are the best! And they're made right here in New York! Happy Birthday Dad!



Would someone please pass the ketchup!

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Very cool gift! And nothing beats a Zweigles.

BritChickNY said...

oh boy. birthday love in a box! Nice idea!

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Deby. I'm sure he'll love it.
I don't have the dear "Cheffy" yet but it is on the wish list.