Saturday, September 27, 2008

Breast Cancer Walk Coming Up!


Hi Everyone! Just wanted you to know that I leave for Washington DC on Thursday with my friend, Rox. She and I have been training for months for the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer. It's a 60 mile walk over a period of 3 days with the proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure Organization as well as another philanthropic group also doing research. We'll be flying into DC,and then camping out with thousands of other people also doing the walk! I'm sure we'll be tired by the time all is said and done, yet exhilarated over what we accomplished. Both my mom and sister died of breast cancer (my mom in 1984 at the age of 47 and my sister in 1996 at the age of 36!!!). I'll be sure to give you a "We did it and we're home!" report once the swelling in my feet has gone down (snicker). Thank you all for praying. I truly believe that "Together We CAN Make a Difference!"

1 comment:

Debby said...

What a wonderful thing to do. I'm so sorry about your Mom and Sister. Please tell us all about it when you get home.