Monday, September 22, 2008

Curry, anyone?

Is anyone besides me hesitant when it comes to new foods? Unless I know what's in the dish, or what the meat is specifically, I proceed very cautiously (if at all). That wasn't the case when I tried curry for the first time (probably because I was in the kitchen when our friend was making it!). And in the past 2-1/2 weeks, I've had it several times!

Let me introduce you to our friend from Ranchi, India, here adorning one of those lovely yellow rain ponchos one receives when going in the Cave of the Winds at Niagara Falls. His name is Ram Bali Singh but his friends call him Azad, which literally means "free." Though Azad is a nickname it summarizes his life because he's free from the bondage of Hindu ritualism and is alive to the things of God! He may be short in stature but he's definitely mighty in Christ!

Pastor Azad leaves for home tomorrow. He has made a deposit into our lives while here, but he also takes with him a piece of us. No, we didn't stick #2 son in his suitcase, but our hearts and prayers go with him throughout the rest of his journey! Until we meet again, Brother, we love you!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

How lucky to have had the opportunity to meet and get to know someone with such a story. I am sure that you had as much impact in his life as he did in yours. I too wish him well and hopes he always goes with God.
In Christ, Leslie