Monday, February 16, 2009

Promised CHA Pics of Projects...and more!

I felt like a kid in a candy store at the CHA. Never before had I seen so much inspiration in one place! I had already been to a couple of classes offered by specific vendors the day before the official launching of the convention, which only whetted my appetite and heightened anticipation, but when those doors finally opened and the throngs of people dressed in everything from business suits to sweats (!!!) rushed in, my goodness! My eyes couldn't take it all in in one quick glance. I didn't know where to start. So my friend and I started at one end of the convention center and went up and down the aisles repeatedly looking at the booths and what the vendors had to offer. Many booths had Make & Takes so we did as many of those as we could. And here posted are just a sampling of those.

This is the marquis as we got to the Convention Center. Notice the fact that there's no snow? That's right - only sunshine, and lots of it! Notice the palm trees - you don't see THOSE in New York!



This is the first Make & Take we did after entering the "floor." It's a little gift bag that was so simple to make (and take)!


This is actually a card we did in the Spellbinders class. It's supposed to have a bow tied in the corner but I didn't want to use all the extra ribbon (self-centered, I know. But I thought I could use it on another project!). The ribbon is one I'd not seen before so I of course encouraged my friend to buy some for her store! Amazing, soft stuff!

And this is a wooden frame I made at the Provo Craft booth! Since I'm totally into American flags this was right up my alley!!! Did I mention that I won a Cricut machine at that same time? Yep, my number was called so we wasted no time in getting up there to collect! Since my DH got me a Cricut for Christmas, I happily gave my new win to my friend for use in her store. I know, good friends are hard to find!

And this little gem I did at another booth but I can't remember which one. It's a canvas board that we inked and scrapped on. Very, very cute. I'm giving it to my oldest daughter to put pictures of she and her friend (whose a boy) in.
(The generosity is just oozing...)



And this next picture is for you, Debby Boltman! When we went to Hollywood and I saw Johnny Depp's STAR on the Walk of Fame, I had to take a picture of it just for you!

This next picture is actually a card I did in the Spellbinders class too. I'm entering it into the SBS Challenge for this week.











This is another Make & Take from one of the booths. Cute box, huh? I didn't finish embellishing it with flowers, but they're tucked inside for the time when I can manage it.






This is a card I made a few days ago for my niece whose having a birthday this week.




And this is a card for my brother, Steve, whose having a birthday on the 26th.


I have a couple more pictures to share but my computer is really acting up this morning so they must wait til later. I need to get ready to go skiing anyway. Have a blessed day everyone!

4 comments:

Roxy said...

Simply gorgeous creations!

Debby said...

Wow look at all those fabulous projects. I bet you had an absolute blast. And the star is perfect. Such a sweetie for thinking of med {{hugs}} That's too funny. Have a great time skiing.

Janet said...

awwwww such amazing creations! Thanks for playing this week in SBS challenge:)
HUGS

Anne said...

Wow looks like you had a fabulous time, what a wonderful set of makes and takes - and you won a Cricut too!!!