Tuesday, February 17, 2009

...and the Good News is...

Yesterday was a fabulous day! Our family skied well into the late afternoon; and after a hot bubble bath, I flopped on the couch in my jammies and watched movies with the group until I called it a night for real.

Today I was supposed to go to work. My DH took my minivan being as all 4 of the younger kids had dental appointments for teeth cleaning. I was supposed to take his truck; and when he was done with them, he was going to drop them off to me so I could take them home, also doing a vehicle switch.

Well, as it turns out, his truck had no breaks when I went to leave! Nope, nada, none, zilch, zero...you get the idea. I pushed them to the floor and there wasn't any response. That's the bad news because we just had the master cylinder done on the truck a few weeks backs. Could it be that this is the problem again?

The good news is: while I was "stuck home" with no vehicle with which to get to the office, I had all this time on my hands so I meandered upstairs to my craft room where I did these quick cards. The 3rd card won't upload (?!?!) so I've finally decided it's not for anyone's eyes but the recipient's, my brother-in-law! Oh well.

My troops should be pulling in the driveway any moment so I will close here and get out the vacuum so there's no doubt I put my "spare time" to good use! You won't tell, will you?

This first card is for my daughter's friend's birthday who spends more time at our house than she does her own. I call her my 7th child.



This next card is for my Aunt Anna in San Diego, CA. She's a real gem!

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Love your cards! How ever did you manage with all of the house work too? :-)

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards Deb.