Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy 2009 to One and All !!!

I know, I know! I still have a Christmas background on my blog when we're a week + into the new year already! In my defense, the "Cutest Little Blog on the Block" website is under construction at the moment so I can't change it til they're "all better." So bear with me please! Or, if you prefer, keep singing those Christmas carols and stay in the holiday spirit!


There's so much I've missed since being on furlough from my stamping world. I have so many blogs to visit and catch up on, not to mention cards to make which I'm already behind on! Looks like I'll be sending "belated greetings" to several family members and loved ones! Today though I can get started as I'm off from work and have nothing but housework and laundry to do - and both can wait!


First let me say that I had the most wonderfully-awesome Christmas ever. My God-given mom (biological father's wife) came to visit from California which was a total surprise to the kids, as expected! They screamed and about fell over when she walked through the front door! It was the best 2 weeks ever. I was sad to send her home on January 1st but we all know that good-byes are never easy. Since I'll be going to California on the 23rd for the CHA in Anaheim, I'll get to hug her neck again real soon.


My DH got me 2 wonderful gifts for Christmas to support me in my stamping habit - a Cricut and some Copic markers! He has a great memory and so my not-so-subtle hints worked!!! Yippee! I've not had any time to play with either but as I said, today's the day!


As to the One Lovely Blog Award, I'd like to thank my SBS sister, Sharon, for giving it to me. She has a fabulous blog too and has been quite busy lately making the most wonderful cards! I always love to check in and see what she's been up to!

And all I have to do is pass the award along to 7 other lovely blogs, so here goes. Be blessed girls!

Roxanne
Kim
Kathy
Becky
Angie
Viv
Judy

Visit each of these blogs, won't you? You won't be disappointed. Now, Becky's been having some health issues so she hasn't posted in awhile. Won't you also offer some encouragement (and most of all, prayer) for her today? We need a quick healing!!!


Love you all!

8 comments:

Viv said...

Thank you so much Deby - things have been rough here of late but I really do appreciate this award. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Judy said...

Thanks Deby for the award. I can see why you won it in the first place - your Christmas themed blog is awesome. Hope 2009 will be a really great year for you.

BritChickNY said...

Deby, you are too sweet! I'm going to stop by and visit all the gals!
Somehow manged to land a lovely head cold but at least when I'm blogging I don't have to stop the conversation to blow my schnozz!
Hugs.

Kim Marie said...

Thanks, Deby! How sweet of you!

Oh, and Congrats on the 'stuff!
Signed the co-conspirator,
Kim Marie

Anne said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas, I too got some Copics, love to know how you're getting on with yours, I think I need to Google how to use them, I've made a dreadful mess so far :)

Leslie said...

Deby, I think that your site is precious. It is still snowing out, so your background still feels warm and fuzzy to me!
Leslie

n8tvtexan said...

I've given you an award! You deserve it!

Susie said...

congrats on your award!!!!


{{{{hugs}}}}